A playbook on what not to do in the event of a breach.
- Get breached. Hey, I understand, it happens.
- Negotiate and pay the attackers to destroy or not use the information.
- Don't report it to all the people you are supposed to.
- Use the least effective means to notify the 161,000 patients. Your website. That's it.
- Only offer identify protection and services to 10% of the people deemed to be the most vulnerable to identity theft based on the information taken.
Back to business as usual.
#healthcare #healthIT #cio #ciso #chime #himss