New Health at Home coalition signals the future of healthcare competition. Do you see it?
A new advocacy group called Moving Health Home launched on Wednesday,
Founding members of this coalition include Amazon Care, Ascension, Dispatch Health, Elara Caring, Intermountain Healthcare, Home Instead, Landmark Health and Signify Health.
.. they want to effect a shift in thinking about treating patients at home, and want to adjust reimbursement models accordingly.
Among the group's policy priorities:
- Expand the services covered in a home-based setting.
- Retain important “Hospital without Walls” site of care flexibility to support home-based hospital services.
- Ensure equal access for seniors through fair reimbursement for home-based evaluation and monitoring codes.
- Advocate for a bundled-payment model for extended care in the home.
- Encourage greater flexibility for home-based care services to meet commercial and Medicare Advantage network adequacy standards.-------
The Future: An Airbnb model for healthcare where a player manages 2,000 care beds in homes from a virtual hospital. Minimal capital, scalable, and in line with consumer preferences.